Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM, ET
Presenter: Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP (Distinguished)
Senator Christopher Van Hollen and Representative Bill Pascrell have both introduced bills to repeal the step-up in basis and create a gain realization at death and gift. President Biden supports a similar framework as outlined in the Green Book and elsewhere.
In this fast-paced class, Robert S. Keebler, CPA/PFS, MST, AEP, will address the proposals, including key draft statutes and planning ideas.
This is must-know knowledge heading into the back-half of 2021. It’s likely there will only be a few months to modify estate plans. Failing to get ahead, may mean your clients will be left behind.
- How gains will be recognized at death
- What gains will be realized upon gifting
- Identify the exemptions and exceptions for gifts made during life as well as after death
- Define the $1,000,000 exemption
- Discuss the primary residence exception
- Discuss the spousal exception
- Planning to mitigate the 39.6% rate
- Discuss how gifts to grantor trusts are treated
- Discuss how the Van Hollen and the Pascrell bills interact with the anti-grantor trust provisions of the Sanders legislation
- Discuss the proposed periodic forced recognition event for property long-held in trust
- Identify the 15-year payment option at death
- Risk of making or failing to make large gifts in 2021
This course is complimentary for all attendees.
States Pre-Approved: AR, CA, ME, MO, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, TX, UT, VT (AK, AZ, CT, NH eligible to claim credit)
States Pending Approval: GA, IL, KS, NC, TN
1.0 credits pending (National CFP Board)
Program Knowledge Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
Recommended CPE Credit: 1.0
Field of Study: Taxation
Advance Preparation: None
Review Date: 07/27/2021
WealthCounsel LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. NASBA Sponsor ID 108255. We have registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE sponsor. This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the Board as to the quality of our CPE program. Texas State Board Sponsor ID 9610.
In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must be present during the entire program.
For information on refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 888-659-4069, ext 818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.