Only fifty percent of African Americans have even basic estate planning documents, such as a will, in place. Legendary African American celebrities Prince and Aretha Franklin died without sufficient estate plans—resulting in litigation and significant financial loss to their heirs. Attorney Lori Anne Douglass, who transitioned into estate planning after noticing a lack of attorneys reaching out to African Americans, believes it is time for change. Join us for this webinar, in which Lori will discuss:
- Consequences of the lack of estate planning in the African American community
- The impact of estate planning on creating generational wealth in the African American community
- How to reach out to African American community
- The importance of increasing diversity in law firms to providing access to legal services in the African American community
- ABA Model Rule 8.4(g), which prohibits discrimination in conduct related to the practice of law and may apply to conduct impacting both law firm employees and clients.
States Pre-Approved: AR, CA, ME, MO, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, TX, UT, VT (AK, AZ, CT, NH eligible to claim credit)
States Pending Approval: GA, IL, KS, NC, TN
1.0 credits pending (National CFP Board)
Program Knowledge Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
Recommended CPE Credit: 1.0
Field of Study: Taxation
Advance Preparation: None
Review Date: 01/01/2021
WealthCounsel LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. NASBA Sponsor ID 108255. We have registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE sponsor. This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the Board as to the quality of our CPE program. Texas State Board Sponsor ID 9610.
In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must be present during the entire program.
For information on refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 888-659-4069, ext 818 or email@example.com.