Regardless who wins the election, capital gains planning will remain one of the most important skill sets for both CPAs and financial advisors. If President Trump wins the election it is very likely that capital gain rates will remain roughly the same. However, if former Vice President Biden wins the election he has promised to increase the capital gain rate from 20% to 39.6% for those individuals earning over $1 million. In the short term, if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, there will be substantial planning between the election results and the end of the year.
In this class Mr. Keebler will review the following:
- The use of charitable remainder trusts to defer and eliminate capital gains
- The use of § 453 installment sales to reduce capital gains and how to elect out of installment sale treatment to accelerate gains into 2020
- The Math of recognizing capital gains in 2020
- Grantor charitable lead trusts to decrease capital gains
- Direct charitable gifts to reduce capital gains
- Opportunity zones to more effectively manage capital gains
- Integrating loss harvesting in an overall capital gains strategy
- Using 1031 exchanges to ease capital gains
- The use of collars, variable forward sales and options to better manage capital gains
- IRC § 1259 “choking” collar to trigger capital gains in 2020 or defer to a future date
- “Short against the box” strategies to choose between recognizing gains in 2020 or 2021
This webinar is included for all WealthCounsel Subscribers.
Regular Price: $129 | Trusts & Estates Price: $0 | Gun Law Price: $0 | Business Law Price: $0 | Practice Development Price: $0
States Pre-Approved: AR, CA, ME, MO, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, TX, VT (AK, AZ, CT, NH eligible to claim credit)
States Pending Approval: GA, IL, KS, NC, UT
Program Knowledge Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
Recommended CPE Credit: 1.0
Field of Study: Taxation
Advance Preparation: None
Review Date: 11/01/2020
WealthCounsel LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. NASBA Sponsor ID 108255. We have registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE sponsor. This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the Board as to the quality of our CPE program. Texas State Board Sponsor ID 9610.
In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must be present during the entire program.
For information on refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 888-659-4069, ext 818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.