This one-hour webinar is a must for advisors and will serve as an important refresher on gift tax returns. Robert S. Keebler will review the critical gift and GST issues encountered with preparing federal gift tax returns (Form 709).
Major topics will include:
- The annual exclusion rules for gifts to trusts including required Crummey notices and §2642(c) trusts
- QTIP elections on gift tax returns and the need for timely filing
- What should you disclose for purposes of running the gift tax statute of limitations
- The reporting of family sales, installment sales to grantor trusts and SCIN sales
- Reporting GRATs, QPRTs and other split-interests
- Reviewing valuation reports
- Reporting valuation discounts for gifts of closely-held businesses and reporting requirements
- When to make disclosures on Form 8275 and 8275R
- The utilization of the generation skipping transfer tax exemption and the related automatic allocation rules
- Reporting gifts to 529 Plans
- Reporting the use of a deceased spouse’s unused exemption amount (DSUE)
- Understanding when gift splitting is allowed and how to report properly
- Adequate disclosure requirements and the statute of limitations
- How to report defined value clauses
- Understanding gift splitting
Program Knowledge Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
Recommended CPE Credit: 1.0 credit
Field of Study: Taxation
Advance Preparation: None
Review Date: 5/9/2019
1.0 CLE (California Board of Legal Specialization - Estate Planning)
1.0 CFP credit pending (National CFP Board)
For information on refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 888-659-4069, ext 823 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WealthCounsel LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. NASBA Sponsor ID 108255.
We have registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE sponsor. This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the Board as to the quality of our CPE program. Texas State Board Sponsor ID 9610.
This webinar is included for Trusts & Estates Subscribers and provided live complimentary for Business Law Subscribers
Regular Price: $139 | Trusts & Estates Price: $0 | Gun Law Price: $139 | Business Law Price: $0 (Website access not included) | Practice Development Price: $139