RLT Drafting Intensive
Thursday, April 8, 2021 - Friday, April 9, 2021
11:00 AM - 6:00 PM ET each day
WealthCounsel’s CEO, Henna Shah, JD, LLM, VP of Editorial, Jenni Davenport, JD, and Associate Editor for Trusts & Estates, Sagar Jariwala, JD, LLM, and Trust & Estates faculty, Jay Zych, present EP101 — RLT Drafting Intensive. In this two-day program, Henna, Jenni, and Sagar will demonstrate the Wealth Docx® Revocable Living Trust, examining the legal technical reasoning behind each provision, as well as the questions asked during the RLT interview. Improve your confidence, understanding and efficiency in drafting a revocable living trust-centered estate plan.
This two-day program will cover:
- Types of RLT and how to determine which is most appropriate for your client’s circumstances;
- Trustee selection, trustee powers, and the role of trust protectors;
- Transfer taxes and drafting continuing trusts;
- Marital deduction formulas, and the distribution of marital and non-marital shares;
- Providing for charitable and individual residuary beneficiaries and remote contingent beneficiaries;
- Drafting standby provisions for incapacitated beneficiaries;
- Drafting provisions for retirement plans and life insurance; and
- Administrative and general provisions.
Don't miss the Practical Applications Lab presented by WealthCounsel Product Implementation Manager, Lissa Bealke-Moore, on Monday, April 12, 2021 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT). This optional session highlights key features and best practices for drafting with Wealth Docx®. View the agenda to learn more!
Sessions will be recorded and made available after the event.
Other Recommended Courses:
- EP101(b) RLT Ancillaries Drafting Intensive
- Practical Applications Lab / Drafting Tips and Tricks
- Monday, April 12
- $0 for WealthCounsel Subscribers
- $249 for Non-WealthCounsel Subscribers
CLE: 11.5 credits
States Pre-Approved: AR, CA, ME, MO, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, TX, UT, VT (AK, AZ, CT, NH eligible to claim credit).
States Pending Approval: CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, NC, TN, WA, WI; Other states TBD, please check back for updates.
Program Knowledge Level: Intermediate
Delivery Method: Group Internet-Based
Recommended CPE Credit: 11.5
Field of Study: Taxation
Prerequisites: JD, CPA
Advance Preparation: None
Review Date: 04/01/2021
WealthCounsel LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. NASBA Sponsor ID 108255. We have registered with the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy as a CPE sponsor. This registration does not constitute an endorsement by the Board as to the quality of our CPE program. Texas State Board Sponsor ID 9610.
In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must be present during the entire program. For information on refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 888-659-4069, ext 818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.