Recent studies have shown that there has been a dramatic increase in impairment due to alcoholism, addiction, and mental health disorders among members of the legal profession. The statistics are compelling, and they clearly indicate that 1 out of 3 attorneys will likely have a need for substance use or mental health services at some point in their careers. When added to the impact on the profession of the COVID-19 crisis and the resultant uncertainty, we have opened a Pandora’s box of unintended consequences.
In addition to a breakdown of the results of the recent ABA and Law.Com studies, Mr. Quinn will discuss:
- The early warning signs of impairment, including alcohol and drug use, mental health disorders, and the “silent” addiction, gambling.
- The free services that Lawyers Assistance Programs provide to lawyers, judges, their family members, and law students.
- A close look at what barriers exist that prevent lawyers from seeking the help they need.
- The role that education plays in breaking the stigma and fear associated with addiction and mental illness in the legal profession.
- How best to approach the impaired individual.
This webinar is complimentary to all WealthCounsel Subscribers.
Regular Price: $129 | Trusts & Estates Price: $0 | Gun Law Price: $0 | Business Law Price: $0 | Practice Development Price: $0
1.0 credits (may qualify for Gen, MH/Competence, or Ethics, depending on your state requirements)
States Pre-Approved: AR, CA, ME, MO, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, TX, VT (AK, AZ, CT, NH eligible to claim credit)
States Pending Approval: GA, IL, KS, NC, UT
In order to be awarded the full credit hours, you must be present during the entire program.
For information on refunds, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 888-659-4069, ext 818 or firstname.lastname@example.org.