Roger Royse, JD, LLM
Attorney at Law
Royse Law Firm
Roger Royse, the founder of the Royse Law Firm, works with companies ranging from newly formed tech startups to publicly traded multinationals in a variety of industries. Roger regularly advises on complex tax structuring, high stakes business negotiations and large international financial transactions. Practicing business and tax law since 1984, Roger’s background includes work with prominent San Francisco Bay area law firms, as well as Milbank, Tweed, Hadley and McCloy in New York City.
Roger is active in leadership roles with several bar associations, including the following:
• Chair of the Taxation Committee of the ABA Business Law Section;
• Vice Chair of the Tax Policy and Simplification Committee of the ABA Tax Section;
• Chair of the Tax Policy, Practice and Legislation of the State Bar of California Taxation Section;
• Fellow of the American Bar Foundation;
• California State Delegate to the ABA House of Delegates; and
• Member of the California Bar Business Law Section Agri-Business Committee.
Roger is the author of Dead on Arrival: How to Avoid the Legal Mistakes That Could Kill Your Startup and sits on the boards of advisers and mentors several funds, accelerators and tech companies and takes an active role in the strategic planning decisions of his clients.